Kelly Ireland Named CloudNOW 2018 Top Woman Entrepreneur
We are thrilled to announce that our Founder and CEO, Kelly Ireland, has been named one of CloudNOW’s Top Women Entrepreneurs in Cloud Innovation for excellence in entrepreneurial achievement. CloudNOW is hosting their seventh annual awards to honor women founders for outstanding accomplishments in cloud and emerging technologies.
CloudNOW is a non-profit consortium of the leading women in cloud computing, providing a forum for networking, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and economic growth, including a Future Leaders STEM Scholarship for women and minorities in tech. Many of our scholars have gone from homeless and absolute poverty to working as Software Engineers at top startups and tech companies, like Change.org, Pinterest, and Adobe. CloudNOW offers members the opportunity to creatively approach the technological challenges of cloud today, working in partnership with the tech industry and cloud thought leaders.
The awards are presented in partnership with Office of the Cloud, a nonprofit cloud leadership initiative sponsored by Kaizen Technologies, and Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. The awards are sponsored by Facebook, Intel and Google, and the ceremony will be hosted on January 29. Bospar Public Relations once again serves as PR Support Sponsor.
“This year’s awards marks a significant shift in the industry with the proliferation of women entrepreneurs who are stepping up and leading venture-funded technology companies,” said Jocelyn DeGance Graham, founder of CloudNOW. “We applaud the achievements of our winners, and thank them for blazing trails for diversity, inclusion and entrepreneurship. We also honor our STEM scholarship recipients as we work together to support the next generation of tech leaders.”
“I am honored to be included in this incredible group of women,” said Kelly Ireland. “Together we are pushing the boundaries of technology and society, building a platform for the next generation of women entrepreneurs to succeed.”
The full list of this year’s Top Women in Cloud Award winners includes (in alphabetical order):
- Sandy Carter, vice president of Amazon Web Services, for Excellence in Cloud Achievement
- Sarah Gerweck, founder and chief architect of AtScale
- Tongtong Gong, co-founder and COO of Amber Data
- Edith Harbaugh, founder and CEO of LaunchDarkly
- Kelly Ireland, founder and president of CB Technologies, for Excellence in Entrepreneurial Achievement
- Brynne Kennedy, founder and CEO of Topia
- Katherine Kostereva, founder and CEO of bpm’online
- Catherine Krow, founder and CEO of Digitory Legal
- Idit Levine, founder and CEO of solo.io
- Sce Pike, founder and CEO of IOTAS
- Masha Sedova, co-founder and CEO of Elevate Security
- Charu Sharma, founder and CEO of Next Play
The event will also feature CloudNOW’s STEM scholarship recipients from Holberton School and Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project. Last year’s scholars secured full-time employment as Software Engineers at Change.org, Pinterest, Adobe and more.
For more information about Kelly, please see our Founder page.