CBT’s Giving Back Challenge
CBT is diving into the season of giving and encouraging all of our partners, colleagues, and friends to join us in taking time this season to give back to our communities. We can give back in many ways, through monetary donations, acts of kindness, donating items – the possibilities are endless! Let’s challenge each other to find something to do that takes us out of our comfort zone and brings joy to another. We have gathered a few ideas and resources to help spark your giving spirit.
- Volunteer at a food shelter
- Take flowers or treats to the nurses’ station at your nearest hospital
- Pick up items to donate to a homeless shelter
- Leave a positive note of encouragement for a stranger
- Write cards
a. Be a card angel (https://www.theangelcardproject.com/volunteer-to-send-cards)
b. ‘Be an Elf’ and answer letters to Santa: (https://beanelf.org/directory-of-operationsanta-branches/)
- Donate to a local animal shelter (towels, beds, extra dog food)
- Set an alarm on your phone to go off at three different times during the day. In those moments, do something kind for someone else.
- Leave a box of goodies in your mailbox for your mail carrier
- Adopt a family/school and donate
- Pick a church of choice (in your location) and ask what prayers they are answering for others this year
- Donate previously owned toys from your family that are not being used or aged out of